- Job date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 07:21:05 GMT
- Expected salary: $315 per week
- Job title: Summer Ministry Team Counselor – Cabin Counselor
- Company: The Salvation Army
- Location: Saint Louis, MO – Bourbon, MO
Help us with our mission of “Doing the Most Good.” The Salvation Army’s Camp Mihaska located in Bourbon, Missouri, is looking for several individuals to join our summer camp team as a new Summer Ministry Team Counselor/Cabin Counselor. This is a Ministry position which assists with all aspects of the camp program, and supervises campers including overnight. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. These exempt positions have a salary of $315.00 per week and will run from June 7th through July 24th 2021.
Essential Duties (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties.):
1. Present the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the campers by conducting devotions, prayer time, Bible class, etc.
2. Provide leadership and direction to the campers.
3. Attend and participate in all scheduled activities and programs unless otherwise directed.
4. Adhere to and enforce camp policies and procedures.
5. Provide guidance and discipline to campers on an as needed basis according to the policies and procedures.
6. Report problems to the Assistant Program Director.
7. Enforce camp curfew and lights out with the campers.
8. Maintain a high standard of leadership and accountability at all times.
9. Prepare and conduct activities and programs as assigned.
10. Assist with camper registration.
11. Clean and sanitize the cabin you are assigned to at the conclusion of each camp.
12. Assist the campers assigned to you with taking their medications at the scheduled times.
13. Work closely with the Camp Program Director and the Camp Administrator to maintain a safe and loving environment for other Camp Staff and Campers.
14. Record all accounts of a young person you are responsible for excepting Christ or requesting prayer.
15. Accept responsibility for the well being and safety of the campers assigned to you. (You will live in the cabin with your campers for the duration of the camp.)
16. Know where the campers assigned to you are at all times.
17. Be present at all meals, meetings and programs unless otherwise directed.
18. Be available to provide spiritual direction to campers as needed.
19. Maintain confidentiality.
20. Comply with and enforce The Salvation Army Safe From Harm guidelines.
21. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
1. Must be an individual of the Christian faith who has a strong personal relationship with the Lord, attends church on a regular basis, and a desire to lead others spiritually.
2. Must be able to read and speak English.
3. Must live on camp grounds throughout the duration of employment.
4. Must be a team player and self-starter able to work with minimum supervision.
5. Possess a keen interest in leading children to Christ.
6. Understand and support the goals and objectives of The Salvation Army Camping program.
7. Requires good communication and leadership skills
Capable of participating in camp activities. Frequently lifts 25 pounds, occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds and moves 50 or more pounds using dolly/cart/truck. Some work will be outdoors and it will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Background Checks: Position requires background checks to be accomplished. Findings may disqualify an individual for this position.
The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Realizing The Salvation Army is a member of the Christian church, employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and project a positive Christian image to others. This includes appearance as well as verbal communications and other behaviors. It should be clearly understood that nothing less will be accepted.