- Job date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 08:34:59 GMT
- Expected salary: $400 per week
- Job title: Summer Textile Exploration Program (STEP) Camp Counselor
- Company: North Carolina State University
- Location: Raleigh, NC
The Wilson College of Textiles Summer Textile Exploration Program (STEP) is traditionally a six-day residential academic enrichment program offered 5 different weeks throughout the summer. This program is designed for rising high school seniors who have a strong interest in pursuing a degree at the Wilson College of Textiles.
To assist with the facilitating of this program, Wilson College is currently seeking 3 energetic, motivated and outgoing college students to serve as STEP counselors. Below are the ways in which the camp counselors will support the STEP program:
Virtual and In Person
– Facilitate and/or assist with general activities and sessions
– Arrange Zoom calls for sessions
– Provide technical support to faculty and students
– Answering student questions
– Supervising students throughout the duration of the program
– Create and implement afternoon and/or evening engagement sessions
– Act as a representative of NC State and Wilson College of Textiles
– Other duties as assigned
– Overnight stays in residence hall to supervise the students
– Transporting students to activities on and off campus
– Ensuring campers respect University property
Proposed Work Schedule: During in-person STEP, counselors will be full-time, including overnight stays in the residence hall to supervise students, with a 4-hour break in the afternoon. At the beginning of May, counselors will be required to attend training in preparation for the program. Counselors must be available for each week of STEP, with the understanding that these dates may change due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
– June 13-18
– June 20-25
– June 27-July 2
– July 11-16
– July 18-23
Proposed Hiring Range:
– In person: $400/week. Housing and some meals will be included.
– Virtual: $200/week.
Is Time Limited Yes
If Yes, Appointment Length 3 months, contingent upon the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
Job City & State Raleigh, NC
Classification Title Temporary
Working Title Summer Textile Exploration Program (STEP) Camp Counselor
Work Schedule TBD based on schedule above
Counselors must have experience supervising students in a group setting.
Department Required Skills
Counselors will need to be able to lead, take directions, be responsible and collaborate with peers. They need to be enthusiastic, a self-starter and have a passion for textiles.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
While it is not required, we would highly prefer that the counselors are currently enrolled in a Wilson College of Textiles undergraduate program.
Required License or Certification
Driver’s license required by start date of program.
CPR Certification and First Aid is highly preferred but not required.
Valid NC Driver’s License required? Yes
Commercial Driver’s License Required? No
Anticipated Hiring Range Up to $2000
Job Open Date 12/20/2020
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from “other source” or “other website”, please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question) * Are you currently enrolled in a College of Textiles undergraduate program?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to your start date?
Required Documents * Resume
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References