- Job date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 03:54:04 GMT
- Expected salary: $40000 per year
- Job title: Surface Mount Technology Operator
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Job Summary of the Surface Mount Technology Operator:
SMT Operator with an ability to operate equipment such as AOI, selective solder, aqueous washer and stencil clearer is required to play a key role for one of our clients in Las Vegas, NV. This client is well known across the globe for their embedded computing solutions. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant growth opportunities for the career development. In this role you will be responsible for set-up, operation and maintenance of SMT pick and place machines, solder paste screen printers, SMT reflow ovens, AOI (Automated Optical Inspection), X-ray machines, selective solder machines, and other equipment. If you have solid experience and strong knowledge of SMT machines and monitoring of the product through entire SMT process, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Surface Mount Technology Operator:
- Set-up, operation and maintenance of SMT pick and place machines, solder paste screen printers, SMT reflow ovens, AOI (Automated Optical Inspection), X-ray machines, selective solder machines, and other equipment.
- Assist manufacturing department in electro-mechanical assembly of system level products.
- Load proper parts into machine and fill solder paste, the adjustment, set up and operation of SMT machines per job order and the monitoring of the product through entire SMT process.
Qualifications for Surface Mount Technology Operator:
- Minimum two (2) years current experience operating SMT equipment (screen printer, pick and place, oven) in fast-paced environment. Experience with Europlacer SMT lines is a plus.
- Ability to operate equipment such as AOI, selective solder, aqueous washer and stencil clearer. Proficiency in SMT soldering under microscope preferred.
- Understanding of electronic component types and packaging (i.e. BGA, SOICS, RES/CAP packages etc.). Knowledge of BGA removals preferred.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and documentation such as BOMs, assembly drawings, engineering changes orders, quality process documents, and simple schematics.
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly.
- Knowledge of IPC Workmanship Standards (preferred but not required).
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Manual dexterity in order to use SMT equipment and related tools.
Compensation of the Surface Mount Technology Operator: Salary Range: $40000-50,000, based on experience
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k with company contribution, Paid Holidays, PTO program, On site fitness center
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. US Citizens or Green Card Only
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful: SMT, AOI, Automated Optical Inspection, GA, SOICS, RES/CAP, components, drawings, BOM, electro-mechanical assembly, IPC