- Job date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 08:58:25 GMT
- Expected salary: $22 per hour
- Job title: Surgical Technologist-Operating Room
- Company: UCHealth
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
WORK SCHEDULE: PRN Flex
Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies.
Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments. Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
Passes instruments to physician during surgery. Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery.
Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory.
Withinscope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and theability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in afast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Surgical Technologist program.
- State Surgical Assistant or Surgical Technologist registration.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
- Minimum Experience: None required.
- Preferred: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- BLSthrough the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for theProfessional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPRcard must be good through sixty days of hire. All life supportcertification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association orthe American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Crossfor the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will needto be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
_THIS POSITION’S PAY RANGE STARTS AT: $22./HOUR._
AN ANNUAL BONUS MAY BE PAID TO ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES BASED UPON ORGANIZATIONAL AND INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
AT UCHEALTH, WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY
Webelieve in something different: a focus on the individuality of every big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all thosewe serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative healthcare system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the bestpossible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true humanconnection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career atUCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Goingbeyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive andintellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us,that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what isright, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so thateach of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningfulcareer. There’s no limits to your potential here.
BE EXTRAORDINARY. JOIN US TODAY!
UCHealthrecognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives thatequal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As anaffirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to makingall employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicantshall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges ofemployment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’srace, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mentalor physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgenderstatus, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does notdiscriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as definedunder the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonableaccommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.