- Job date: Sun, 02 May 2021 07:59:04 GMT
- Expected salary: $6962 per month
- Job title: System Electrician (Facilities)
- Company: BNSF
- Location: Chicago, IL
Job Location: Chicago
Other Potential Locations: Chicago, IL
Anticipated Start Date: 08/02/2021
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Entry rate is approx. $6,962/month with an average annual salary of $83,554.
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
Who we are and what we do
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
What we believe
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
- be treated with dignity and respect.
- have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
- have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It’s through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
Maintenance and installation of electrical systems for BNSF buildings and facilities.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedure, to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to and acting on safety concerns.
MAINTENANCE AND INSTALLATION: Install and maintain: 1) high voltage (up to 15KV) overhead and underground distribution systems; 2) low voltage (less than 600 V) for commercial and industrial installations; 3) HVAC systems, boilers, unit heaters, furnaces. Use fire recovery equipment. Install conduit, wire, lighting systems, electrical services, underground/overhead devices. Maintain electrical systems of cranes, turntables, lift, and fueling stations.
TOOL/EQUIPMENT OPERATION: Construct and maintain electrical systems with bucket trucks, digger-derricks and trenchers. Use: pole climbers, high precision measuring tools (micrometers, voltmeters, amp meters, recorders), hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.), power tools (drills, power saws, etc.).
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- 21 years old or older
- Available to work in geographic area indicated
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Available to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to overtime, on call and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends, holidays
- Available to travel to job sites in the region, and remain on site (overnight) for extended periods of time, sometimes days or weeks at a time.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Possess a valid Class A CDL or be able to obtain one within first 120 days employed
- Able to visually distinguish colors – red, blue, green, yellow and lunar (clear light); hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
- Four years minimum of verifiable electrical training and/or experience in troubleshooting and repairing electrical and PLC control systems
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, poles and get on/off equipment, work from boom truck basket
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time; use hand and power tools
Training: Company-paid, on-the-job including preparation, equipment and expenses to obtain CDL as needed.
Compensation: Average annual salary of $83,554 is for an employee with 3 – 5 years of seniority and depends on hours worked, which could include overtime, per diem, and other union-negotiated wages.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Probationary Period: 120 days.
Travel: Frequent and extensive over large geographic area.
Seniority District Transfers: Per union agreement, seniority based and required Director approval.
Shifts/Hours: Full-time, subject to on-call, overtime, nights, weekends, holidays.
Union: International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Dues: Per union agreement, membership and dues required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at .
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations – Engineering | Chicago, IL | 60632
Zip/Postal Code: [