- Job date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 23:14:19 GMT
- Expected salary: $57.55 per hour
- Job title: Technology Delivery Manager
- Company: Randstad
- Location: Clive, IA
Our client is seeking a talented Technology Delivery Manager to focus on maintaining client satisfaction with client’s technology and services through managing project delivery, run support deliverables and fixes, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking and helping lead the team responsible for getting projects and tech support delivered to our internal clients and Credit Unions. This role is responsible for coordinating program alignment between Product, Architecture, Team Leads, Scrum Masters and IT BAs and manage the Epic and Feature backlog to be completed across scrum teams.
This role requires someone who can keep a positive maintain an engaging relationship with business/product, adhere to delivery expectations, lead team(s), stay organized, manage conflict and use creativity to find ways to continuously improve delivery effectiveness in a fast-paced environment. The person in this position partners closely with other technology leaders within ET&S and the stakeholders of the Product and business team. It is essential to ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed high quality expectations with a “people helping people” cultural approach in line with the client’s values.
location: Clive, Iowa
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- As a Delivery Manager you will manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or application or enhancements via a multi-disciplinary agile team. – 50%
- Lead the design, development and implementation of all Project technology build & support deliverables involving quality plans, estimates, resource assignment and status reports within time, budget and specification constraints.
- Be mindful of standards & best practices within the Development, Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst practice(s) and ensure that they are being leveraged within the Project Technology team.
- Oversee dependencies for complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners and project managers to understand appropriate project needs and requirements.
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address concerns.
- Ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations.
- Understand the impact of project on both business and technology.
- You will be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen.
- Defining project needs and feeding these into the PMO/portfolio process will enable resource to be appropriately allocated.
- Oversee the technology execution across all areas to ensure business outcomes are delivered with application of strong Organization, Communication, & Leadership qualities
- In partnership with architecture and leadership, shepherd execution on technical vision, standards, & best practices to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Manages epics and features’ backlog and assigns out features to individual Agile Teams, as applicable
- Coordinates across Team Leads to ensure stories are created with the right technical functionality
- Create executive status reporting and escalate impediments, manage risk, help assure value delivery, and help drive continuous improvement
- Act as an advocate of technical direction & designated best practices at a project execution level
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently – 35%
- Work with the PMO and Business/Product team to ensure we stay aligned to the Project roadmap for any given product/application.
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums and Product Owner Sync Ceremonies
- Work with the BAs and review that the project translate into epics, features and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Participate in Daily Stand-up, Planning, Review and Retrospective meetings & provide constant feedback effectively
- Ensure all products/applications are built to an appropriate level of quality for Dev, Beta and Production
- Ensure that the team resources are utilized 100% for the sprints & cycles
- Ensure resources have a full understanding of work effort, timelines and expectations.
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team from Delivery perspective.
- Work closely with the team members on delivery issues/concerns and handle them appropriately
- Stay closer to the project and team on their day to day activities & deliverables
- Ensure that the team & delivery issues/concerns are handled pro-actively
- Keeping the project/enhancement pipeline ready for the team to handle changes and delays
- Builds strong internal and external partnerships. – 5%
- Champion Company values while establishing and maintaining open communications with team members:
- Give honest and timely feedback.
- Conduct standard project meetings.
- Listen to multi-disciplinary agile team members needs.
- Create an atmosphere of trust,
- Build and maintain technology and business/client relationships.
- Actively supports CO-OP’s strategic future, culture and leadership practices. – 5%
- Identifies development Opportunities and works with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Manages learning plan and reports on progress at quarterly coaching sessions with manager.
- Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan. – 5%
- Maintain professional contacts through professional organizations to remain current in the field.
- Research industry best practices
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports the culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Delivery Manager
- tech manager
- project lead
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.