- Job date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 06:21:35 GMT
- Expected salary: $47235 per year
- Job title: Technology Foundations Instructor — Clarksville
- Location: Clarksville, TN
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Dickson is accepting applications for the full-time position of Technology Foundations Instructor for the Clarksville Campus. Technology Foundations emphasizes the basic skills of language arts, reading and mathematics.
- Bachelor Degree in education or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of practical experience teaching essential reading, writing, and math skills.
- Evidence in instructional program management and supervision; teaching and curriculum building a plus.
- Ability to be certified, as required, to administer tests within one (1) calendar month of hire date.
- Must commit to remain certified to administer tests.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a high level of computer skills including, but not limited to, tutorial programs and network management with the ability to utilize computer systems to deliver instruction. Experience with D2L a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
GENERAL DUTIES: The Technology Foundations Instructor is primarily responsible for providing instruction to post-secondary students in the areas of essential reading, writing and math skills to prepare them to succeed in their chosen program of study. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to: conducting individual student assessments and developing individualized plans to correct deficiencies; administering/proctoring tests for students and outside organizations; assisting with leadership and activities of various student organizations; maintaining accurate student records; assisting other faculty with curriculum development as needed; assisting with recruitment and placement of students; and other duties as assigned. Some travel may be required. This full-time position is eligible for benefits and reports to the Clarksville Campus Coordinator. Scheduled work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: Complete application and submit resume at: https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/20/home/requisition/5476?c=tbr. Review of résumés with completed employment application will begin immediately and continue until April 8, 2021, or the position is filled.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
TCAT Dickson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Laura Travis, Vice President, [email protected], 740 Hwy 46 S, Dickson, TN 37055, 615-441-6220. The TCAT Dickson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://www.tcatdickson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
EEO/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
Closing Date: 4/8/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req5476