- Job date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 06:57:43 GMT
- Expected salary: $21.54 per hour
- Job title: Technology Support Specialist I
- Company: Frederick County Public Schools
- Location: Frederick County, MD
- Date Posted:
Central Office-33 Thomas Johnson Drive
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Probationary employees are not eligible to apply for vacancies during their probationary period.
All education that is indicated on your application must be supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school diploma, high school transcript or college transcript.
The primary function of this position is to assist multiple schools and their staff in using computer and other technologies as required to support curriculum and administrative goals.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor of Technology Support, the Technology Support Specialist I performs the following duties with little or no supervision:
Performs technical work.
- Sets-up and installs technology equipment at school-based/central office locations including desktop computers, laptops, printers, and related peripherals.
- Installs and configures system approved software as well as software updates/upgrades.
- Informs supervisor of non-approved software or licensing issues.
- Assists with the evaluation of hardware and software performance under various applications, with different operating systems, hardware systems, and various software packages.
- Assists the building technology coordinator with maintaining the instructional, administrative and media center hardware, software and peripherals.
- Performs basic PC/peripheral troubleshooting on school-based/central office desktop computers, laptops, printers, related peripherals and local area networks.
- Assists with updates, upgrades and patches on software and hardware as required by the manufacturer or FCPS.
- Utilizes desktop management applications.
- Installs FCPS approved non-networked applications.
- Assigns user rights to specific software applications.
- Installs and configures peripherals (i.e. printers, scanners and digital cameras).
Provides technical expertise and support at multiple locations around the county.
- Provides technical expertise and ongoing support to users of desktop computers, laptops, local area networks, printers, and related peripherals.
- Trains and provides “first level” support to building level User Support Specialists and Technology Coordinators for instructional, media center and administrative computer systems.
- Assists school staff with managing user accounts and networked equipment including PCs and peripherals.
- Processes work order requests to accelerate the resolution of problems/issues/requirements.
- Communicates unresolved technical issues to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assist in the implementation of new technology initiatives.
- Coordinates and communicates with other school and technology department staff to meet identified needs of the schools.
- Assists with identification of future applications of technology and promotes new technologies to address school system needs.
Maintains processes that ensure integrity and security of FCPS data and technology systems.
- Complete assigned projects including requirements analysis, quality control, implementation and development activities and system documentation.
- Updates existing records and databases to maintain accurate information.
- Assists in the collection, comparison and analysis of data to improve performance of equipment and customer support.
- Informs supervisor of issues that could impact security of FCPS networks and technology systems.
- Solves technological hardware and software problems in the most cost efficient and time saving manner possible.
Participates in technology training.
- Attends meetings and training to maintain and upgrade skills as required for the position.
- Organizes and conducts in-service activities for staff on software, hardware and appropriate security processes and requirements.
- Works with the School Improvement Team to assist in developing a meaningful plan for the integration of technologies to support FCPS Curriculum goals. May chair a subcommittee on school technology.
- Works with staff to develop the necessary skills to actively use the instructional and administrative technology available in the building.
- Overtime may be required.
- Work effectively with others in the use and support of technology.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Technology Support.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years experience working in technology as related to computer and peripheral support to users.
- Skills needed to install, maintain and troubleshoot technology currently being used in fcps, i.e. computers, printers, scanners, digital cameras, data projectors, etc.
- Minimum of one (1) year successful experience training adults in a technology related field.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and carry forty (40) pounds.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder and work in confined spaces.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel to school assignments.
- Capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Associate Degree or higher with coursework in computer systems or equivalent training/experience in a related field.
- Formalized coursework in technology and computer systems (i.e. PC troubleshooting and repair).
- Certificate based on current accepted industry standards (i.e. Comptia A+).
- Experience in a K-12 school setting that uses technology for both instruction and administration.
- Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals and programs.
- Support Salary Scale, Grade 10, 11-months (260 days / 8 hours per day)
- Starting Salary – $21.54 / hour
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER