- Job date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 08:57:29 GMT
- Expected salary: $32500 per year
- Job title: Technology Technician
- Company: Bay Area Transportation Authority
- Location: Traverse City, MI
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibility
Payscale: Administrative level 2 ($32,500-$48,762 based on experience)
Under the direct supervision of the Communications and Development Director, provides daily technical assistance on all technology. Answers questions or resolves computer and technology related problems in person, via telephone, or electronically. Assists in the development and implementation of plans for systems disaster recovery, deployment of applications and providing routine maintenance of equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties, which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
– Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
– Troubleshoot and perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment such as fare boxes, cameras, destination signs, Mobile Data Terminals (MDT), two-way radios, Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) devices, security camera devices, electronic display signs, busboards and more.
– Observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
– Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
– Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
– Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
– Inspect equipment both proactively and reactively to maintain quality, uninterrupted service.
– Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
– Works with technical support providers including but not limited to the phone system, mobile data terminals, network support vendor, etc.
– Assist in evaluation of systems and procedures to stay abreast of any potential change requirements or technology advancements that support agency growth.
– Track and maintain inventory of equipment, software license agreements, etc. to maintain adequate inventories and licensing to support agency needs.
– Assist in business continuance/ disaster recovery.
– Normal working hours are weekdays Monday – Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends to meet organizational needs.
– Perform other related work as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Minimum Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
High School diploma or equivalent
Associate degree preferred.
1-2 years related experience preferred.
Extensively skilled in the use of technology, including proficiency in network administration, software and hardware evaluation/implementation. Experience with a variety of related software and the ability to master new technologies.
Hands-on Technical Experience and expertise in:
-Desktop operating system installation and troubleshooting (Microsoft Windows)
-Microsoft Office end user support
-Networks switches, routers, firewalls (troubleshooting, configuration)
-Network printers (troubleshooting, management)
-Wireless networking technologies
-Basic user administration in Active Directory
Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Must have a technical aptitude with the ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and carry them out independently.
Ability to effectively communicate and present information orally and in writing. Tactfully and courteously interact with co-workers and customers, providing excellent customer service.
Ability to solve problems, work effectively under stress, within deadlines and changes in work priorities calmly and positively.
Must be reliable, prompt, and dependable. At work as scheduled. Plans ahead and communicates scheduling concerns in a timely manner.
Must present neat well-groomed appearance in all situations
In addition to the above requirements, all positions require the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language as necessary for the position; the ability to follow written and oral instructions and the ability to interact positively with other employees and members of the public. Employees are also expected to possess and maintain a record of orderly, law-abiding citizenship, sobriety, integrity, and loyalty as it pertains to and reflects upon their employment. Employees must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential duties of their position without excessive absences.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and by telephone, read regular and small print, view and produce written and electronic documents and enter data on a computer keyboard with repetitive keystrokes. The employee must be mobile in an office and field setting, stand, sit, stoop and kneel, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items of moderate to heavy weight (i.e. computers, bankers boxes, etc.) up to 25 pounds.
The typical work environment of this job is an office setting or in the field where the noise level is moderate and sometimes loud, working under normal fluorescent lighting, regularly exposed to dust, fumes from exhaust, and chemicals associated with vehicle maintenance.