- Job date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 01:54:22 GMT
- Expected salary: $20 – 25 per hour
- Job title: Technology Trainer (Bilingual English/Spanish)
- Company: Older Adults Technology Services
- Location: Denver, CO
This part-time position is a unique opportunity for a passionate individual to work with OATS to empower older adults by helping them thrive in the digital world and harness technology to achieve their personal goals. Trainers are the face of OATS to older adults; in addition to delivering OATS curriculum and offering technology support, trainers serve as “brand ambassadors” and are responsible for communicating the OATS culture of excellence, curiosity, and attitude.
Trainers teach OATS’ curriculum using books and online resources specifically designed for older adults. In person classes typically meet twice a week for ten weeks. Virtual programs are primarily one-off sessions focused around particular technology topics. Trainer schedules will vary each quarter. Trainers guide participants in sending emails, exploring their interests online, connecting with family and friends on social media, banking online, starting small businesses, and much more. Our trainers are also fundamental in creating a community of support among participants.
This position requires solid proficiency in common software applications and devices, but more important is a dedication to teaching and the ability to effectively communicate the relevance of technology to seniors’ lives. A successful candidate will possess a high degree of patience, creativity, dependability, and problem-solving ability, along with a sense of humor and a strong commitment to social change.
– Teaching technology courses using the OATS curriculum and approach remotely and in-person
– Creating a comfortable and supportive learning environment
– Offering personalized support to callers on the Senior Planet hotline
– Making outbound calls to Senior Planet members
– Maintaining professionalism at all times
– Representing and promoting Senior Planet culture and opportunities to course participants
– Engaging in regular communication with OATS staff, including feedback on site issues, curriculum, etc.
– Coordinating with site staff, including site visits, graduations, etc.
– Submitting paperwork in a timely manner
– Collecting surveys and evaluations
– Entering data into Salesforce database
– Participating in trainer meetings and other training events
– Recruiting participants, as needed
– Participating in special projects, as needed (ex. outreach, curriculum, etc.)
– Supervising volunteers who assist classes, as needed
– Excellent speaking and communication skills
– Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
– Strong wifi connection for remote work
– Ability to communicate technical information clearly in English
– Experience teaching teenagers, adults, and/or seniors, preferable
– Proficiency with Windows computers, iOS, popular social media sites, and other common technologies/devices
– Comfortable traveling to various senior/community centers as needed, when/if safe to do so
– Ability to work independently and as part of a training team
– Superior time-management skills
– Flexibility with part time hours
– Patience and a sense of humo
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Technology Trainer to support the delivery of Senior Planet Colorado programming and support Senior Planet Colorado members. Currently trainers are expected to work from home and deliver programs and tech support virtually. Salary is $20-$25/hr.
To learn more about the full range of Senior Planet programming and the OATS mission, please visit oats.org, seniorplanet.org, and seniorplanet.org./colorado
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter in PDF format to . No phone calls please.
Areas of Responsibility
Program Development, Teaching, Technology practical knowledge, Community Engagement, Communications skills (English/Spanish,) Good Judgement. Requirements/Qualifications
- Professional Demeanor
- Excellent Speaking and Communications Skills – English Spanish
- Tech Savvy – Windows/IOS/Social Media
- Teaching teens, adults and especially Seniors
- Travelling to locations – Community Centers as required
- Work indepentently
- Flexibele – part-time schedule
- Patience and Empathy
$20.00m – $25.00 per hour
Working with a small group of talented people, doing amazing work to empower seniors learning technology and participating in social events.