- Job date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 06:20:14 GMT
- Expected salary: $15 – 17 per hour
- Job title: Temp Technology Support
- Company: University of North Carolina
- Location: Raleigh, NC
While this is a temporary position, it is estimated that it will be needed through October 31, 2021 when the grant ends. There is potential to be extended or work on a different grant once the current one ends.
-Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Departmental Required Skills
-Experience with Perl, Cheetah Python, XML programming, Linux (sys admin, file permissions, firewall settings, postgres), Rest API, docker
-Must be able to work well independently
-Organized and self-motivated
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Required License or Certification
- Contact Information for 3 references
Job Open Date 01/22/2020
Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time. 01/28/2020
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No
Proposed Hire Date 02/03/2020
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from “other source” or “other website”, please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question) * * Do you possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field?
- * Do you have experience with Perl, Cheetah Python, XML programming, Linux (sys admin, file permissions, firewall settings, postgres), Rest APE and docker?
- * Do you work well independently, are organized and self-motivated?
Application Materials Required
Required Documents * Resume
- Contact Information for References
NC STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, NC 27695
PHONE: (919) 515-2011
© 2019 NC State University. All rights reserved
To ensure the security of your data, you will be logged out due to inactivity in 3 minutes at