- Job date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:58:00 GMT
- Expected salary: $12 per hour
- Job title: Virtual Learning Attendant
- Company: Town of Matthews
- Location: Matthews, NC
Performs responsible work involving a variety of activities related to the virtual learning environment. Including, but not limited to the following:
- Assisting students with technology needs
- Monitoring remote learning to help keep them on pace throughout the day
- Enrichment activities
- Will also provide age-appropriate supplemental and device free activities.
- Supervise lunch/recess.
- Communicate progress to parents regularly.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the assigned Division Manager within the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resource Department. The Attendant will be responsible for up to 10 school age (6-12) kids ot make sure they are able to log onto their school/zoom/other links and make sure they are productive and staying on task. Minimal homework help will be provided.
Essential Function of the Job
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Provide excellent customer service
- Organize a variety of games / activities associated with programs and special events
- Assist with delivery of recreation programs/events
- Monitor participants and activities in recreation facilities
- Administer evening and weekend program/event schedule set by supervisor
- Provide a safe environment for all participants
- Perform various maintenance duties as needed
- Open and close recreation facilities as needed
- Enforce departmental rules and regulations
- Ensure safety and proper working condition of equipment
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including preparation and maintenance of files and reports
- Perform related tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of municipal recreation; ability to provide leadership for recreation participants; ability to prepare reports; ability to use instruments, tools or other equipment used in recreation programs/events; ability to operate a personal computer and other technology (ie: chrome books, ipads etc) that may be used, including a knowledge of applicable software packages; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, participants and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prefer any combination of education equivalent to some coursework in high school and experience in recreational programming.
Physical Requirements and Education
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 75 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, pulling, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, peripheral vision, preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside environmental conditions; the worker may be exposed to blood borne pathogens, cleaning products, chemicals and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
First Aid/CPR Certification; possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of North Carolina. Requires flexible work schedule, including weekend and evening hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.