- Job date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 01:22:39 GMT
- Expected salary: $8.3 – 10 per hour
- Job title: Virtual Learning Counselor
- Company: City of Burlington NC
- Location: Burlington, NC
This position will be responsible for assisting students, grades Kindergarten – 8th grade, with instructional and technical support during remote learning times. While offline, the Virtual Learning Counselor is responsible for organizing and implementing structured activities and games while keeping students safe. Counselors are responsible for the supervision of groups, including 10-15 students, of various ages and grade levels.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 6:00pm. There is the possibility of regular part-time at the conclusion of Virtual Learning.
Examples of Duties
- Help students use relevant technology including helping them get logged in to various platforms during instructional time.
- Assist students with time management to ensure they are online when needed and engaged offline by completing required school assignments/homework.
- Assist with daily check in/out procedures as necessary.
- Maintain communication among supervisors, other counselors and parents.
- Manage each students Virtual Learning schedule including various breaks, lunch breaks and instructional times as assigned by educators.
- Ability to plan and implement structured activities and games.
- Follow policies and procedures of the parks and recreation department including but not limited to, COVID cleaning & health procedures, dress code, best practices and general safety.
Applicants should have an outgoing and fun attitude, show strong leadership skills, be dependable and trustworthy, and have a strong passion for working with children. Previous experience with children, CPR & First Aid Certification, and CDLs are desired. Familiarity of PowerSchool, Canvas, ZOOM, Google Classroom, Seesaw, and other software and platforms utilized by schools is preferred.
Must be 16 years of age or older.