- Job date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 22:39:28 GMT
- Expected salary: $133600 – 186400 per year
- Job title: Visual Designer, Square Online
- Company: Square
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square. Job Description
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we’ve reimagined how merchants start, run and grow their business online. With Square Online, we’re making it easier for merchants to sell across any channel—from expanding inventory offerings beyond a brick and mortar shop, to launching a custom-branded ecommerce website, to fulfilling orders through our mobile app.
We’re looking for a senior-level Visual Designer to join Square Ecommerce—the team behind the Square Online platform. This is a hands-on, collaborative role where you will make design decisions that will reach millions of small businesses around the world. Your scope will span visual, interactive, product, and design systems. You’ll direct and contribute to visual design, lead critiques, present work to partners, encourage a culture of design within the organization, and advocate for forward-looking design solutions.
For consideration, please submit your portfolio or work samples.
- Translate product marketing strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Own conceptual development, direction, and delivery of visuals across different media
- Deliver solutions that support the desired business outcomes
- Implement a cohesive visual style and systematic approach to design
- Influence roadmaps and core team initiatives with documentation and design exploration
- Clearly explain your design decisions and embrace feedback
- Foster partnerships with a range of teams and disciplines
- Analyze relevant data and customer insights
- Mentor junior designers
- 5+ years experience in visual design
- Portfolio that shows expertise in visual design
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies
- Knowledge of motion design and Adobe After Effects, illustration, 3D rendering
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources