- Job date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 22:56:01 GMT
- Expected salary: $17.5 – 18.5 per hour
- Job title: Youth Treatment Counselor – Overnights
- Company: Laradon
- Location: Denver, CO
If you answered yes, we think you’re going to like the opportunity we have below…
Our Residential Counselor will work at Laradon’s Calabrese Youth Center, a recent addition to the Laradon campus, which provides 24-hour residential treatment (10 bed facility), ages 11-18. The youth have been identified with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health trauma. As an RC, your job is to act as a positive role model and champion for them. You will coach them on life skills training, provide support, and ensure their health and safety. Most importantly, you teach them the tools they need to increase their independent living skills and help them reach their full potential, so they can lead successful, satisfying, and healthy lives.
How you will make a difference…
- Provide direct youth care and 24-hour supervision on Laradon’s 9.2-acre campus, which is equipped with a playground, gymnasium, kitchen, dining areas, and laundry facilities
- Implement behavior programs designed by Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Licensed Clinical Counselors and Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Plan and implement daily activity schedule and recreational activities; including trips to recreation centers, bowling, and swimming
- Train and assist youth with; personal hygiene (e.g. brushing teeth, getting dressed), domestic duties (e.g. cooking, cleaning), and community resources (e.g. banks, RTD).
- Provide counseling and training services, and facilitate therapeutic groups
- Oversee health and welfare of youth and report any concerns
- Supervise and assist the youth with medications
- Participate and collaborate in meetings with other disciplines such as clinical counseling, occupational therapy, & applied behavior analysis on student success and safety
- Implement procedures for behavioral crises intervention (both verbal and non-verbal) and physical management
- Keep facilities clean, safe and orderly
- Drive youth to appointments/programs
What we’re looking for from you…
- Superstar communicator – Able to communicate and listen well with youth, staff, parents and the community
- Brains – Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field and/or two years of experience with developmentally disabled children/youth with emotional/behavior disorders
- Mindset – Compassionate, caring, energetic, and flexible
- Safe on wheels – Responsible, reliable driver with a valid and clean driving license
- Super strength – Able to exert/lift up to 50 pounds of force
- Must be QMAP certified or willing to get this certification
- Must be 21 years or older
What we offer you…
- Hourly rate between $17.50-18.50 per hour, depending upon schedule
- Paid on-the job training
- 401(k) + 4% match
- Time and a half pay on scheduled holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 16 days per year
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Development and internal promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, supportive, and rewarding environment alongside other Laradons – one where everyone is truly appreciated!
- Fun social events
What you need to know…
- As Laradon is a small employer and employees work in a collaborative and team environment, our school employees must be physically present in the office to perform the different job functions. Additionally, as a service provider, our instructional methods under our services model require the work to be performed on campus.
Who we are…
Laradon was the first ever private, non-profit organization in the Rocky Mountain Region to offer support, education, and training to children with intellectually and developmentally disabled children. We have 15 person centered programs and provide; a training center for people seeking the opportunity to expand their work skills, a daycare, a school for children with special needs, and housing for people in need of a home.
We strive to be the best in our industry and have gained national recognition as an innovator of education and training services for children and adults with special needs. We help this incredible population realize their full potential, contribute to the community, and become valued members of society. We are proud to be a Finalist in the Denver Metro Chamber Business Awards for Larger Non-Profit Organization of the Year.
Laradons work extremely hard and are challenged every day, but they play a key role in shaping our youth’s well-being. If you genuinely care about providing youth with a sense of direction and hope, then you’ll get huge satisfaction from this role. Your influence will not only impact the lives of our youth but the community as a whole.
In order to provide high quality, culturally competent services to our individuals, students, guests and staff/employees, it is of highest importance that our hiring practices reflect our values by offering an environment that celebrates diversity and embraces inclusion. All of our team members – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, language, abilities/disabilities, veteran status, religion, citizenship, socioeconomic status, geographic region, or other defining characteristics – should feel a sense of belonging and valued. We applaud everyone.
Integrity | Respect | Inclusion | Accountable | Empowerment
Powered by JazzHR